– Testing is finally recognized as a profession which needs specialized skills set and qualifications. – Also it is convinced testing will not start once the development is completed.
– Testing needs to be start in every stage of the software development Life Cycle.
– Testers need to validate whether the requirements specification documents is developed based on the needs of the organization.
– Testers need to be ensuring that the design documents developed based on the requirements specifications.
– Testers need to be ensure that the test cases and test plan are created based on the requirements specifications.
– Testers need to be ensuring that the defects need to find out before the test cycle starts so that the cost spends will gradually decreases.
– Testers need to be ensuring that the defects can be reproducible by developers.
– Testers need to be ensuring that they are finding defects of the high priority scenarios first.
– If you are in Agile methodology, then testers need to make sure that defects are getting fixed on priority.
– Finding out defects in the later stage of the product will leads the cost spend to rectify the defects is very costly.
The top 10 people challenges have been identified:
- Training in Testing
- Good Relationship with Developers.
- Good Relationship with Customers.
- Managers need to understand about testing. [Think – Do your Company has Culture of Testing?]
- Using of Tools.
- Time on Testing
- Fighting a lose-lose situation
- Having to say No
- Having to say “no”