CSTE Certification Essay based questions:
1. What fields would you include in creating a new defect tracking program (used by QA, developers, etc)? (25 points)
a. Draw a pictorial diagram of a report you would create for developers to determine project status.
b. Draw a pictorial diagram of a report you would create for users and management to show project status.
2. What 3 tools would you purchase for your company for use in testing and justify why you would want them? (this question is in both essay parts, only rephrased. I think 10 points each time)
3. Describe the difference between validation and verification. (5 points)
4. Put the following testing types in order and give a brief description of each. System testing, acceptance testing, unit testing, integration testing, benefits realization testing. (10 points)
5. Describe automated capture/playback tools and list the benefits of using them. (10 points)
6. The QAI is starting a project to put the CSTE certification online. They will use an automated process for recording candidate information, scheduling candidates for exams, keeping track of results and sending out certificates. Write a brief test plan for this new project. (30 points)
7. List what you think are the two primary goals of testing. (5 or 10 points)
8. If you company is going to conduct a review meeting, what position would u select in the review committee and why?
9. What are the three factors will effect the Testing to stop?
10. Write any three attributes which will impact the Testing Process ?
11.This is a Problem solving question, Write a Test Transaction for the below, If a company is going to deduct 6.2% of sales reduction on first $62,000 earning.
12. What activity is done in Acceptance Testing, which is not done in System testing to ensure the Customer requirements?
13. Prepare a checklist for the developers on Unit Testing before the application comes to Testing Department?
CSTE Multiple Choice Questions:
1. What is the percent of the total cost of quality that comes from rework?
2. What is the percent of the total gross of sales that come from product failure?
3. What is the cost of quality?
4. What is management by fact?
5. What are the three types of interfaces?
6. What three rules should be followed for all reviews?
7. What is boundary value testing?
8. What is decision/branch coverage strategy?
9. Which of the following is not one of the 6 Structural Test Approaches?
10. Which of the following is not one of the 8 Functional Test Approaches?
11. Which of the following is not a perspective of quality?
f. manufacturing based
12. True or False. Effectiveness is doing things right and efficiency is doing the right things.
13. Which of the following is not one of Deming’s 14 points for management?
a. Adopt a new philosophy
b. Eliminate slogans, exhortations, and targets for the work force
c. Mobility of management
d. Create constancy of purpose
14. True or False. The largest cost of quality is from production failure.
15. Defects are least costly to correct at what stage of the development cycle?
b. Analysis & Design
16. A review is what category of cost of quality?
17. True or False. A defect is related to the term fault.
18. What type of change do you need before you can obtain a behaviour change?
19. Software testing accounts for what percent of software development costs?
20. The purpose of software testing is to:
a. Demonstrate that the application works properly
b. Detect the existence of defects
c. Validate the logical design
21. True or False. One of the key concepts of a task force is that the leader be an expert in leading groups as opposed to an expert in a topical area.
22. Match the following terms with their definitions:
a. Black box testing
b. White box testing
c. Conversion testing
d. Thread testing
e. Integration testing